Royal Huisman has launched its largest-ever yacht, 81m Sea Eagle II, a contemporary three-masted schooner. Not only is the vessel the largest ever yacht built by the Dutch shipyard, once delivered she will also be the world’s largest aluminum sailing yacht.
Project 400 is progressing on schedule; her carbon composite Rondal Panamax rig will be installed upon launch at Royal Huisman Amsterdam to ready her for sea trials and on-board crew training. With an imposing overall length and sturdy plumb bow – making her not only powerful but recognizable all over the world – SEA EAGLE II will be ranked among the top 10 of the world’s largest sailing yachts.
Sea Eagle II Specifications:
- Exterior styling: Dykstra Naval Architects and Mark Whiteley Design
- Naval Architecture: Dykstra Naval Architects
- Interior Design: Mark Whiteley Design
- Builder: Royal Huisman
- Year of delivery: 2020
- Construction: Aluminum
- Length overall: 266ft/ 81m
- Classification: Lloyd’s MCA (LY-3)
- Owners / guests accommodation: 11
- Crew accommodation: 14
- Masts & booms: Rondal
- Height of masts: Panamax