PLAN & OVERVIEW
NEW HORIZONS II is a 50’ Fountaine Pajot sailing catamaran, built in 2016. She is built for comfort and performance, and great is a great option for both new and experienced charter guests.
Indoors, her main salon and dining area are designed in an open plan, surrounded by ample windows that bring in natural light and provide beautiful views. There is a set-in table with L-shaped lounge and two seats for dining.
Outdoors, her aft deck has a selection of spaces for lounging, including a lounge across the back, plus a table and seating for al fresco dining. The fly-bridge has sun pads for relaxing and soaking up the rays. The bow has a smaller trampoline that makes room for additional sun-pads.
NEW HORIZONS II has a great selection of water toys and sports on offer. There is a 12’ High field aluminum tender, water skis for adults and children, tubes, a wake-board, stand-up paddle boards, fishing gear, and snorkeling equipment. Rendezvous diving is also available.
MEET YOUR CREW
Your private cruise crew help you to plan your holiday itinerary, answer your questions, arrange activities and tours, see to your comfort, and ensure you enjoy great meals on board and ashore.
Captain: George Peristeriotis
Captain Sotiris has now been with the New Horizons family for two years. During his first season (2018) he acted as captain on board New Horizons (Lagoon 450) with outstanding reviews/comments both from his guests and brokers. He has now joined New Horizons 2 and he looks forward to continuing providing excellent service to his guests. He loves to sail and enjoys being out at sea. He holds an Off Shore Skipper’s license, Scuba Dive Master license and a Padi emergency certificate. His previous working experience since 2008 has been on board motor sailors, mono hull and catamarans.
He has a great knowledge of the Greek islands and his main goal is to ensure the safety of the guests whilst sailing them to beautiful destinations. He is polite, well-mannered and will be there for any discussion the guests will want to engage in while always making sure that he and his crew are discrete allowing guests their personal space. Captain Sotiris is here to make sure that you have the dream holidays you dreamed of. He speaks excellent English and German. He is married with twins and some of his hobbies include diving, sailing, rafting, wind surfing and even plays the guitar.
CHEF – Thanasis Amdaris
Thanasis is new to the New Horizons Team. We had the opportunity to work with him last summer on a couple of charters and the feedback we received from the clients was fantastic. Thanasis has been in the hospitality sector since 2005. Cooking is his passion and his dishes reflect his love for it. He is very eager to please his clients. He specializes in Greek and Italian cuisine. Thanasis speaks good English and some Spanish. He plays the guitar and ukulele.
STEWARD/ESS/DECKHAND – Anastasia Karagianni
Anastasia will be joining us on board New Horizons 2 this season and she comes to us with great recommendations. She likes to keep the boat in impeccable condition and is very detailed. She has a motor and sailing license. During the winter seasons she works as a director in TV programs, advertisements and other projects, her latest project was the Greek Master Chef where she was assistant to the Director. Her passion for the sea is what drove her to start working as a hostess in crewed yachts a couple of years ago. Her main goal is to attend to the guests and ensure that all is to their liking. She is hard working and very organized. She has completed courses on safety at sea and customer care. Anastasia looks forward to “welcoming” you on board!
The crew of Mystique occasionally changes due to unexpected circumstances.
Should Thanasis or Elena not be available for your cruise for whatever reason, we will provide experienced and knowledgeable replacements to ensure you enjoy the best holiday cruise possible.
|Year of build:||2016|
|Draft (m) :||1.5|
|Engine (hp):||2x 75|
|Diesel capacity (lit):||940|
|Water capacity (lit)||700|
|Sail area (sq.m.):|
|Number of heads:||5|
WINING & DINING
Your holiday will include a wonderful mix of meals at island tavernas and succulent meals on board.
Menus aboard are created based on the local cuisine your personal preferences and the fresh ingredients we find in local markets on the islands — there is no standard menu. Every meal is designed to suit your dietary likes and needs.
Before your holiday we’ll ask you to complete a dietary preference to tell us what you like and dislike, and of any dietary restrictions, you and your guests may have.
We’ll also ask what you like to drink, and stock the yacht with your favorite beer, wines, liquors and soft drinks.
- Coffee (Dolce Gusto Nescafe Machine) tea
- fresh orange juice
- cereal – oatmeal
- fresh fruits
- various fresh bread and toast – jams – Greek honey
- Greek yogurt plain or with fruits/honey/nuts
- fresh baked croissant
- small cream pies sprinkled with powdered sugar
- cake – French toast
- eggs (fried/scrambled/omelet/ poached/boiled) with bacon – Greek scrambled eggs with tomato (local dish)
- grilled ham/cheese sandwich – assorted cheese and cold cut platter
- Greek tomato salad with feta cheese, fresh oregano and capers
- Arugula with baby spinach, parmesan flakes and dry figs
- Mixed green salad with balsamic, honey and figs
- Boiled beetroots with yoghurt and walnuts
- Iceberg lettuce with avocado and smoked salmon
- Cretan ´Dakos´ salad topped with local white cheese and chopped fresh tomato
- Iceberg lettuce with red cabbage with balsamic and orange dressing
- Baked eggplant with mozzarella and tomato
- Steamed mussels with wine and garlic
- Shrimps saganaki with maratho (similar to dill) and ouzo
- Mushroom with truffle and cheese
- Talagani grilled cheese
- Fava with caramalized onions
- Mpougioudi (grilled feta cheese with sliced fresh tomato and peppers)
- Cheese pie
- Spinach pie
- Tzatziki (yoghurt and garlic dip)
- Eggplant dip
- Baked feta cheese in phyllo topped with honey and sesame
- Stuffed tomatoes and peppers with rice and green fresh herbs
- Cuttlefish with spinach
- Kotsi (pork) with potatoes and sesame
- Grilled fresh fish with lemon sauce served with assorted vegetables
- Chicken with peppers and tarragon
- Lamb Frikase cooked with romaine lettuce and egg lemon sauce
- Spaghetti with shrimps
- Spinach ravioli with feta and mint sauce
- Beef in tomato sauce and eggplant puree
- Artichokes ala polita with potatoes and carrots in a lemon sauce
- Briam (mixed vegetables) cooked with a tomato sauce in the oven
- Soutzoukakia politika (small spicy meatballs) cooked in a tomato sauce served with white rice
Most children enjoy our meals, but we can prepare special dishes for younger guests.
Favorites include freshly made Personal Pizzas, Chicken Nuggets, Blackbeard’s Burger, Caribbean Chicken Kebabs, and Pasta in Paradise.
The holiday cost varies according to season and destination but starts from € 12600 per week.
New Horizons II is normally booked per week starting on Saturday. In low and mid season we can be more flexible with start and end dates and the duration of your trip. Her home base is Athens, but ask us what the options are for your specific week.
A one-week sailing holiday can be combined with island stays, but to really enjoy the private sailing experience we recommend sailing holidays of two or three-week duration.
A minimum of 2 weeks is required to enjoy the full Mykonos-Santorini experience.
The holiday cost includes a skipper, sailor and a hostess/cook and cleaning but excluding VAT. Two changes of towels and bed linen are included per week.
An addition charge is made to cover fuel and provisioning. This is called the APA (Advanced Provisioning Allowance) and averages around 15% of the holiday cost depending on the number of guests and your provisioning wishes.
At the end of your cruise the APA accounting is finalized and you receive a refund or an invoice to make up the exact amount.
To confirm your holiday booking a 50% downpayment is required, with the balance paid one month before departure.
Our cancellation policies can be found in our terms and conditions of booking.